Panini on Focaccia
Nectarine, Prosciutto di Parma, fresh basil & mozzarella panini with Stella Cadente Olive Oil
Pair with Threesome Red Wine Blend
SERVINGS: 1 Sandwich or 8 small bites
- 1 large nectarine, pitted and peeled, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 2 slices of focaccia, 1/2 inch thick
- mozzarella cheese
- 3 to 4 slices good-quality prosciutto di parma
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Small handful fresh basil
- Drizzle of Stella Cadente Olive oil
- Preheat an electric panini maker to high.
- Drizzle on one side of the sliced focaccia with the olive oil and set aside.
- Place mozzarella on the un-buttered side of on slice of bread and top prettily with the prosciutto & nectarine slices. Add a nice grind of fresh black pepper here, and the basil and top with the other slice of focaccia.
- Place the sandwich on the panini maker and grill until the bread is golden brown and crispy, about 4-5 minutes. Cut in half and serve immediately.