World’s Best Cranberry Sauce
(according to Scott)
Pair with Four Play rosé
- 8 oz cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup thumbprint cellars red wine (our favorite is Climax!)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- dash nutmeg
- dash cinnamon
- Bring water, wine and sugar to a boil to dissolve sugar.
- Add cranberries (rinse first if fresh).
- Reduce heat to simmer and stir regularly.
- Continue cooking until most of the cranberries have burst.
- Add the nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Serve warm or chilled according to your taste.
For an added twist, try on a crostini smeared with goat cheese and topped with this cranberry sauce!