Oatmeal Apricot Cookies
Pair with Viognier
ACTIVE: 15 MIN
TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped dried apricots – soaked in viognier
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl combine oats, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream butter and sugars on medium speed until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla, add oat mixture and mix on low speed until combined. Stir in apricots and almonds by hand.
- Divide dough into twelve pieces and roll into balls. Place balls 3 to 4 inches apart on baking sheets. Using your fingers, flatten balls to about a 3/4-inch thickness.
- Bake cookies until edges begin to brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tip: Flattening the balls of dough to an even thickness before baking allows them to spread out on the sheet.